Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weigh too much??

Well tomorrow is D Day or WW Day actually. And where as on Dec 30th I was doing ok.... I went to see the inlaws in Wales on Jan 2nd and came back yesterday and it wasn't only the luggage that was stretching at the seams...

I wonder how going easy on yourself cause it's Christmas turns to... What the heck, it's only a couple of tins of Quality Street -- I can work that off trying to do the Times crossword tomorrow!

I did walk a lot though. I'm hoping that will have limited some of the damage. We went to Oxford for the day to see my nephews and niece. My neff who lives there took us on a tour of all the colleges and we had a look in one of the chapels and spotted a few familiar scenes from Morse episodes. It was a great day. And the dinner that evening wasn't bad either.

But I think the best thing about this time 'round is that I am ready to start again. I don't care what that scales says tomorrow. I can't wait to get on it and put Christmas eating behind me and get going again. It is a real sign of a change of heart for me on the subjest. Usually I'd be dreading it but no matter what has happened I'm moving forward.

Philipians 3 says

But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal...

This is a spiritual scripture and was written specifically to do with life in Christ and continuing the journey no matter what. But as with a lot of God's principles, I can apply it to other areas of life and I hope in 2009 to apply it to the area of my weight watching.

No comments: