Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Can you say "Low Fat Cheese" and still smile?

I've always been a Dairy Queen :)
I used to drink a pint of milk with my dinner every day.

Now that I have Osteoporosis, dairy products are very important to keep in my diet. So it's a good thing that I like cheese, milk, yougurt etc.

Problem is that cheese is very high in points. I don't mind skimmed milk, and you can get really nice low fat yogs, dessert rice and stuff like that; but the cheese is a problem.

Mainly cos low fat cheese, including WW's own brand cheese has the texture of the sole of a Nike runner. And doesn't taste much better.

Personally I don't like the idea of eating something that you can drop only to find it boing-ing its way back up to meet you!! I mean when you bend cheese it should break or at the very least crumble; not re-shape itself like a like one of those old Stretch Armstrong dolls!

Well I have found the answer. Given to me by my mate Claire. Thanks Mrs.

Dubliner Light!

It's tasty

It's low fat

And it doesn't bend

Never again shall I have to eat toasted ham and grated ping-pong ball sandwiches.

Now that makes me smile!

1 comment:

sometimestheycallmejc said...

I remember once having low fat cheese on toast and it didn't melt like normal cheese, with nice burny bits, dripping over the edge of the bread. No, it went slightly softer around the edges...and that was it. It kinda taunted me, saying 'Hah! Is that the best you can do? Burn me, you wimp!'

I swear the melting temperature of low fat cheese is higher than steel.