Friday, October 10, 2008

Very Moro-ish

I had a Moro today. mmmmmmmmm yummy! Haven't had one of them in years!! 7 points though!!!!! (Told you I was obsessed) But it was worth it. It's a yum scrum chocolate bar. Although, ALL chocolate is lovely -- except corrib yeuggh!

Why though? Why is chocolate SO lovely? It does actually make me feel better. It was a taste explosion today after the last few weeks of Go-Ahead biccies and WW bars. Nice and all as they are...

What is it about choccie that is so addictive?!

In Allen Carr's book The Easy Weigh to Lose Weight, he describes the process of making chocolate, the merits or not of eating it at all. His tactic seems to be to put us off eating it by describing how bad it is for us and how un natural it is. (His book about giving up smoking does a similar thing.)

And to be honest; it worked... for a while. After reading it the thoughts of eating chocolate made me ill. I even went off coffee for a while.

I had the same experience with white bread after reading the GI book. It describes in detail the process of making white bread and it's a pretty gruesome read! How the heck does it taste so GOOD???? But again after a while it wore off. Sometimes I read the section again -- to remind me the importance of natural and less processed food.

Even though I know it's true; I need to read it again to reinforce it enough to affect my behaviour.

It's a bit like that with God's Word. I know how God wants me to live, I know what His word says about my attitude, behaviour, time, money etc. But I still need to read His word again and again to reinforce it enough to affect my behaviour...

If only I was addicted to reading the Bible. It's very more-ish -- I just need to develop more of a taste for it...

No comments: