Monday, October 20, 2008

Getting your fill at the filling station

Yesterday was one of those 'Great and Terrible' days.

I was working at a FANTASTIC event in UCD and thought that as at some stage we'd be going for something half decent to eat, I could get away with a petrol station snack...

So off down the road I went in search of sustainence and found one of these new petrol stations, Topol or something. Anyway... all I could procure were muffins, croissants, crisps and a very dodgy apple. Oh and a bottle of water... There was one decidedly shrivelled-looking cheese ploughman's sandwich so I passed on that one.

So half a ton of carbohydrate later I was full and ready to sleep. I carried on working (cos I'm a trooper) and looked forward to my dinner.

A few hours later it was obvious that I would not get dinner. My colleage told me there was a garage down the road and that we could probably get some food there...

So back into the car; and all I could think of was that lovely cheese ploughman's sandwich that was there. But someone even more desperate than me had bought it. More pastry, more crisps and some chocolate. Oh and a bottle of water...

By the time the event was over I was hungry again. The only place open was Silvio's. More and more carbohydrates... Oh and a bottle of water...

Boy!!! the sugar hangover I had this morning! Never again... as the saying goes!

1 comment:

Annmarie Miles BTh said...

meant to say last night... If i give thanks for junk food and ask God to "Bless it to my body"... is that cheating??