Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The All You Can't Eat Buffet

I went to my grand nephew Robert's Christening on Sunday. What a cute little man he is!

We went to Brown's Barn (off the N7) for refreshements afterwards and it was a great afternoon chatting and laughing with some of the family. There were lots of little ones there so we had fun colouring and spilling Coke. (The adults that is)

Then the food came out. Oh dear. Lovely yummy sambos of all fillings. Also hot 'picky' food like chicken gougers (as I like to call them), mini spring rolls, cocktail sausages and tinchy quiches.

HOW DO YOU EVEN BEGIN TO POINT THAT STUFF!?

But it is a dilema when eating out at an event like that. What can you eat in a selection like that?

You won't be surprised to know that I tasted everything, a few times, just to make sure they were as nice as they looked!!!

When I was thinking about it afterwards it kinda reminded me of the all you CAN eat buffet in the Garden of Eden. "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil..."
There was great freedom in the restrictions. You can have all this but even though it looks nice... you can't have that one thing.

So had there been 7 types of lettuce and a bucket of zero point soup, chances are I'd still have been chomping on those ol' chicken gougers....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know the problem of weight watching even though I may not have a lot to lose it is still a problem The problem I face is that when I get to a certain weight I then begin to think I can eat anything and it won't go back on but the weight has a habit of finding a place that has no excess bumps before. I then get very annoyed with myself but carry on eating hoping the little craters(calories)wont stick. I also know that one of the best ways of continuing to keep your weight at a level that is ok is by going to your class and weighing your food and counting your points. It is a lifelong commitment almost like the commitment we make when we become "born again" Love Marie M

Richard Miles said...

Great post, my Darling. Isn't it amazing that the things that taste the nicest (with a few exceptions!) are have the most calories in them. As long as you make up for it the rest of the week, a little indulgence is no problem. XX

Annmarie Miles BTh said...

mmm Rich I'm not sure about how that fits in with my Biblical model.
A little indulgence? Every thing in moderation? Every thing is permissable but not everything is free on the weight watchers plan....