Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Credit Crunchie

I couldn't believe the price of my shopping last week. €191. I don't think I have ever spent that much on a weekly shop.

Ok so there were one or two items that were a tad surplice to requirements... Like the salad cutter. A knife has sufficed since the day I discovered lettuce but how and ever.... I digress...

So this week I was determind to spend less. So I wrote my list (as usual...) and kept it to the essentials. But then I got to the shops and realised two things.
1. Rich was in Wexford with the Laser card
2. I'd left the list at home

So I acquired €100 from my sister and headed to St. Bernard the Grocery Dispencer. For some reason though I had left the list, I brought the pen! So I added up all the groceries as I went along on the back of my hand. (You can still see it even though I have scrubbed my hand!) But as I neared the €100 I realised I wouldn't be able to get everything. But there was a great deal on 2 finger kit kats (only 2.5 points) and those Pink and White Wafers are only 60c!!! I mean come on.... they're only 1 point each.

Problem is that by the time I got all the low point goodies I didn't have enough for some of the not-quite-so necessaries. Washing powder etc.

I didn't get the toilet roll either. Rich can get it on Monday. We'll just have to tighten our belts til then :o)

1 comment:

Richard Miles said...

Great story my Darling! I think the wafers are well worth it. I haven't worked out how many points in a toilet roll yet!