Monday, March 2, 2009

I feel like giving up...

Panic not of faithful blog readers (all 2.7 of you) I'm not throwing in the towel on the old WW.

It's Lent and time to think about what not to have for the next few weeks and therefore what I'll be thinking about for the next few weeks.

I did consider giving up Facebook for Lent. If you're looking for me you'll usually find me there. Playing Scrabble with my sister, my husband and numerous others. I also am very taken with the oul' Tetris which is my favourite ever computer gave. Never mind your Clara Loft and her Room Trader (is that a house makeover game?), Resident Divils and Sure that's a Grand Automobile, let's nick it. Give me a good game of Tetris any day.

In fact EVERY day.

Hence I didn't give up Facebook :)


I also considered giving up telly. But I don't watch that much of it these days. I'm doing a lot of studying lately and at the end of some evenings me and diddums usually watch one or two episodes of British comedies we love; Yes Prime Minister or Vicar of Dibley etc.
Those TV moments are essential for marital haromony; it wouldn't be right to give them up.

So I went for the old faithful and traditional deprivation. Chocolate.

I have a problem will power wise when I give up stuff for Lent. Even though I've been doing it all my life and as a kid I just knew it was important to do (tho' I didn't know why). Now when I get a craving or just fancy some choc I remember that it's to remind me, albeit in a very small way, of the sacrifice of Christ.

The big problem I have is I forget!!! I ordered hot choclate on Friday and had to swap with one of the girls I was with as she has ordered coffee. The on Friday evening I was babysitting and had a choclate digi with my coffee. An hour later I remembered I was off choc for Lent!!!!

Thankfully God knows me and my weaknesses, whether they be will power or crumbling brain power.

I'm hoping it will sharpen up my thoughts on food generally as the last few weeks have seen me veer slightly from my chartered course. It's a shame that WW isn't like AA. Maybe it is.

OK here goes....

Hi my name is Annmarie and I am a foodaholic!


I can hear your response you know.... "Oh Annmarie, just GIVE IT UP will you!?!"

2 comments:

Richard Miles said...

Hey Baby, I didn't realise that you had a choccie diggie the other night, I don't think I did! Keep going my Darling, you are doing great. From time to time it is easy to slip up, we all do it. With God at work in you, you'll get there! XXXXX

Annmarie Miles BTh said...

whoops! See how, in my guilt I subconsciously kept it from you.
Hopefully that'll be the worse thing you'll ever find out (that you didn't know already) by reading my blog... xx