Thursday, December 11, 2008

Repeat after me... "I will not spend Christmas looking for what I've lost!"

By the end of Christmas Day how much will1 I have eaten?

I went over the "2 stone off" mark last week and I don't want to undo the work I've done, so I need to be careful. Some handy hints that I have been given are these.


1. Take Christmas Day and St. Stephen's Day totally off AS LONG AS you count up to the end of Christmas eve and start again on the 27th.


2. To help stem the tide of Roses eating, put every empty wrapper in a designated cup and no matter how bad count the wrappers at the end of each day. It will make you more aware of each sweet.


3. Christmas dinner is only another dinner. It may have an extra roastie or be smothered in bread sauce (yum yum) but it's a dinner. Enjoy it! (It's the food before and after it that's the problem!)


Sounds easy doesn't it. Problem is that most Christmas days I have Roses for breakfast. I'd have to have numerous "designated mugs" on the go. One in every room!


But there must be a way of handling food at Christmas.

My alternative handy hints are these.

1. Eat as much as you like on Christmas Day and St. Stephen's Day but jog on the spot for the whole of those two days. Not only are you constantly working off what you are eating but it's actually very hard to pour brandy butter over Christmas pudding if you are constantly on the move. Most of it will be spilled on the table... less points :)

2. Put all the Roses in the mug and just have empty wrappers in the tin... no points at ALL :)

3. As Christmas dinner is just another dinner get the biggest platter you can find put a normal dinner on it and then fill the empty space with mince pices, sherry trifle and... Roses. Let's see who's dinner is just another dinner NOW!?

I've decided to enjoy Christmas. Sometimes you have to determine in you heart to enjoy it! Tis the season to be jolly (and bloated).

And remember on Christmas Day.... Eat, Drink and be Merry... for tomorrow we diet!!

No comments: